The philosophy of BRAZA HOME is based on the following principles:
- That every youth has a right to learn and grow in a safe, stable and nurturing environment.
- That every youth and his/her family have a right to receive services that focus on strengthening the family structure and preservation.
- That services and supports must be individualized to meet the needs of the youth and their family members.
- That transition is the key to current and future structure.
- Intervention plans must be focused on youth’s hopes and dreams. That every youth have valuable lessons/experience to teach and such interaction does not come without risk and without risk change is not possible.
- That the youth is our central focus rather than programs.
- That we strive to promote partnership with the community.
- That everyone’s mental health is important.